Thursday, September 6, 2012

What a week so far

I used Tuesday and Wednesday to clean and get organized now that all the kids are back at school. I have been sending the kids with healthy some what paleo lunches because I believe some of them have the same food allergies that I do. They do much better without bread but it takes some extra planning on my part to not send them with a sandwich but still something they are willing to eat. With all that said, last week Lily brought home some yucky bug from school and made Evelyn and then myself sick along with her. Last night I felt terrible and all I wanted to do was go to sleep, but Evelyn's body had other plans. She complained before bed that her ear was hurting. I gave her some Tylenol, she fell asleep for a bit and woke up crying so I added motrin to the mix, well that didn't do the trick either. She was up all night crying and moaning. We tried everything I could think of blow dryer, hot compress, wheat bag nothing helped. My alarm went off at 5 and she said mom my ear is bleeding. I got the other 3 ready for school and then off to the ER for Evelyn. They took us back right away and she started vomiting. Poor thing I think it was all too much. They got her some pain meds and she was able to sleep. I still feel like crap and the pressure in my head is bad I can't imagine how bad she must have been feeling. We came home and her fever got worse, but by bedtime tonight she seemed to be doing better. Now as long as Lily doesn't fall out on me I am hopeful we can all get some sleep.
I started out so strong. Why, when I decide to get organized does life have other plans for me? Now my house is falling behind again and I just don't feel well enough to get ahead of it.
Oh well "this too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment