Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday night lights.

Hannah played with the high school band at the varsity game. She stayed after school to practice and hangout with friends she had a great time. She is excited for next year when she can play in the marching band. They have awesome uniforms and they did a great job.
The younger 3 took the bus home by themselves and didn't have any problems. Evelyn said she was worried when Hannah didn't get on but Kol said he didn't even notice.
When I told the kids we were going to the football games they complained and said I was ruining their Friday night. I assured them they were going to have so much fun they would be begging me to take them to every game. I made sure they still got their Friday treat.
Evelyn was very entertaining all evening. In the car on our way to base for the first game
Evelyn: You know you can't find true love at a football game.
Me: really who told you that?
Evelyn: A boy at school today, on the playground.
I didn't realize she was looking.
Then we get to the game and
Evelyn: When is the streaker coming out?
me: what, do you even know what a streaker is?
Evelyn: Ya it's when a guy comes to a baseball or football game and takes all his clothes off and runs across the field. When is he getting here?
Really? Who teaches her these things? I have one good guess, Kol. He also had a few good moments last night. He was standing by the fence in front of the cheerleaders and he looks up at me in the full bleachers and he yells I didn't come here to watch cheerleaders I came to watch football. I told him well then get to the top of the bleachers where you can see. These are my 2 kids that have no filter.

All three younger kids found friends from class to play with. Kol invited himself to play football with some 8th graders who were scrimmaging on the sidelines. They were picking him up and tossing him and he would keep going. He was very proud of the fact that he could keep up. He didn't end up watching much football but by the end of the night he smelled like a locker room. We had to ride home smelling him. It brought back memories of stinky hockey equipment. You can see in the picture of Hannah that she forgot to wear a red shirt, she said to me ya I'm a rebel like that. We all had a great time. I love football. We will be going to see more home games, I don't think they will put a fight anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment