Thursday, August 30, 2012

A week in review.

It was my birthday on Saturday, it was a very relaxing and a great way to start the week. Kol made me fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. I would have enjoyed eating the grapefruit but it was delicious. The produce here is so good and Lily made me coffee. They also made me lunch when it came time. One of the best gifts a mom can get is acts of service, well and hugs. Liam gave me my gift early as he was not going to be here to celebrate with us. My shinny new purple bike with a basket. I was hoping to get more use out of it in the last 2 weeks but we live at the top of this massive hill and walking my bike up in this sticky heat just didn't seem like fun. It comes with a lock on the back wheel and a pretty decent kickstand as you can see. That night I met some of the ladies from the ship and we went to a luau themed dinner at the O-club, it was good to get out.
The 3 older kids started school on Monday. Yay! It has been an extra long summer for all of us.  I drove them for their first day but it was a zoo. It was a pain to get on base and there are so many kids and no drop off line. I had to park at the NEX and walk them over. The next day I made sure they took the bus. It comes at 6:45am,  this is an early time to be up after the summer we have had never mind catching a bus, although we would have to leave that early if I were to drive them anyway. I also found a new way down the hill from my place a back road it is winding and narrow. I have to say, I have never before said so many times to myself I wish I drove a smaller car. We have always needed bigger and although the van is not big in comparison to many American vehicles it is big when you are trying to pass another vehicle on said narrow road.  
They all really like their teachers, well Hannah says the verdict is still out on a couple of hers. She did get the classes that she asked for band, algebra and Japanese. The algebra and Japanese give her high school credits.  She also says the Japanese is hard but I'm sure she will pick it up quickly and if not I can find her a tutor.
Evelyn doesn't start until next week. I think she will have lots of fun this year in kindergarten. Her teacher is a gem, along with her para pro.  We went and enjoyed some 100 yen sushi after meeting her teacher today. Evelyn's favorite is the omelet and rice and pulling the sushi off the sushi-go-round. Liam and I usually take that spot in the both to prevent unwanted hands touching the food, but when I have just one with me it is much more manageable. I did not get a first day of school pic, I will have to do that with Evelyn and call it the first week photo. I think I did it on purpose so you would all have something to look forward to for next week. :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment