Saturday, August 4, 2012

Household goods.

We got our household goods Friday. My movers rang my doorbell at 7am. I wasn't expecting them until 8, needless to say I was not ready for them. I still had kids in bed. When I opened the front door they had half the truck unloaded up the front steps. I had been laying awake in the tatami room, which is in the front of the house and heard nothing. Can we say ninjas. It was a huge difference from the movers we had on the front end who took 12 hours to pack 2800lbs. Only 3 crates worth. These guys were great they had everything unloaded and in the house by 8:30am. They didn't however believe that our bed would fit up the stairs, they wouldn't even try. They were worried they would take out the walls. Our only option was to lay it in the Tatami room over many flattened boxes and a rug so that we didn't damage the mats underneath. When Liam got home we measured and he was sure it would go up. We have a tempur-pedic mattress with an adjustable frame which is very heavy. Thank goodness for crossfit. It was a workout but we managed to get it up the stairs.
Today we tackled the many boxes that filled my living room and hallway. I just have my closet to unpack.
There is no sign of my coffee press, which I have been desperately waiting for. I was sure I didn't send it to storage but who knows it was a very hectic 3 days. Nothing is broken so far,crossing our fingers. All in all it was a good move.


No comments:

Post a Comment